Its time to step up the chocolate game with a new kind of chocolate donut! For this recipe you will only need 3 ingredients! Amazing right? Yes it is! And so delicious, in particular if you have real chocolate cravings like I am having lately!
If you are a chocoholic like me, this is the perfect snack to level up your chocolate a little! You only need chocolate, popped quinoa or millet pops and any kind of nut butter!! That is it! So simple and really the next level of chocolate heaven!
This recipe is inspired by NadiasHealthyKitchen. Check out her wonderful recipe here!
Here you can listen to my podcast when I created thise recipe!
This recipe is:
- gluten free
- refined sugar-free (if you choose a chocolate without refined white sugar)
- high of protein
- a healthy snack
- super easy to make!
Chocolate Donuts with 3 ingredients
Makes 4 big donuts or 8 small!
Prep time: about 10 minutes + 20 minutes in the freezer
- 100 g of your favorite vegan chocolate
- 1 cup popped quinoa/millet
- 2 tbsp of your favorite nut butter (I used peanut butter for this one, but the next time I will try with hazelnut butter!)
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath (place a bowl in a small pan with some water, let the water boil and the chocolate will melt, be careful that no water gets to the chocolate!)
- When the chocolate is melted, stir in the nut butter and the popped millet or quinoa.
- Add the mixture in donut molds and freeze for 15-30 minutes!
- Take the chocolate donuts out of the molds. Enjoy!
- Storage in the freezer or the fridge.
Write a comment
Anni (Friday, 13 July 2018 09:38)
This combination of ingredients is just heavenly in any shape, no?! I'm not sure if you saw it but there's an eerily similar recipe on Nadia's healthy kitchen (https://nadiashealthykitchen.com/3-ingredient-chocolate-crunch-doughnuts-vegan-gluten-free/) from not too long ago, either.
Niina (Friday, 13 July 2018 16:53)
Hi Anni! Yes I was inspired by her amazing recipe and the shape!! She has wonderful ideas and she is a great inspiration for me!!;)
Thank you for checking out my recipe!