Chocolate (heaven) bliss balls! Coated with dark chocolate and decorated with some extremely crunchy buckwheat hearts! YUM!
The best thing about these treats is that you only need hazelnuts, dates, coconut shred, and cacao powder. Nothing else! Those bliss balls are perfect on the go, on travels, a pre-dinner snack, after a workout, or at any time!
I always crave for something sweet in the evening, and not always I have a piece of cake (lol), so then I go for a bliss ball! You only need to eat one of them to feel satisfied and energized, they are extremely filling even though they are quite small.
Let us go to the recipe! As promised, you only need those 4 ingredients and a good high-speed blender or food processor. (My favorite tool in the kitchen!) Don't try this recipe in a regular blender, the motor will not hold the pressure! I have made that mistake twice!;)
I love bliss balls, and prefer to have some in the fridge all the time. Because as you know, those sweet cravings are not always expected, so I rather be prefered then without anything sweet!
Luckely those bliss balls are vegan, sugar free and gluten free! A super healthy treat and snack!
Makes many bliss balls!
- 150 g hazelnuts (roasted for 10 minutes at 200-degree Celsius, after cooled down, remove the loose skin by rubbing it off)
- 90 g dates, pitted
- 40 g shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp cacao (raw or unsweetened!
Optional to garnish: 50 g dark vegan chocolate
- Process all the 4 ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor until it sticks together well. For a finer texture, process some more.
- Form balls out of the dough. (If you don't eat the dough straight out of the blender!)
- If you would like to coat them with melted chocolate, simply melt the chocolate in a water bath, then roll the bliss balls in the melted chocolate, or dip them. Decorate as wished. Guys, be creative! Freeze for a couple minutes for the chocolate to set.
- Storage in an airtight container in the fridge!
- Enjoy whenever you feel you need something sweet or just need something with chocolate!!